This week’s view is looking north up North Vine from State Street in O’Fallon, ca. 1910. On the left is Henry Beckmann’s Bar, now The Depot Bar & Grill. On the right is Schafer’s Meat Market which today is just a parking lot. Back then, North Vine was called Bond Street after Joshua S. Bond who subdivided the area surrounding it in 1863.
(Contributed by Brian Keller, O’Fallon Historical Society.)