This week’s view, looking west, takes us on a stroll down East First Street in downtown O’Fallon, ca. 1961. Among the popular stops were the Tom-Boy Market, Nold’s Variety Shop and Thomas Hardware. It was also a favorite haunt of book lovers. The O’Fallon Public Library was located in that block from Mar. 1945 to Feb. 1962.
(Contributed by Brian Keller, O’Fallon Historical Society.)