This week’s view is of a bus belonging to the O’Fallon-Belleville Coach Company, parked on the side of what is now Gia’s Pizza at the northwest corner of State St. and Lincoln Ave. in O’Fallon. The bus line, run by Loyed “Katy” Cavins, operated out of that building from 1943 until 1963 when it was bought out by the Bi-State Development Agency. The photo was taken in 1946.
(Contributed by Brian Keller, O’Fallon Historical Society)
For more, stop by the O’Fallon Historical Museum, located at 101 West State Street. The Museum is open Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. and by appointment.