This week’s view is of the old Shiloh Public School which once stood on the site of the current Shiloh Elementary School near the water tower. Shiloh split off the Cherry Grove School District in 1850 and this school, built in the late 1800’s, replaced a one-room school house nearby. The undated photo shows the school in its original form as a 4-room, two story structure. Not long after, it was enlarged by adding a two-story addition on the right side of the building. The school was torn down in 1956 to make way for a more modern facility.