OTHS honoring All-State athletes and teams for their outstanding athletic accomplishments, as well as the two athletes named Athlete of the Year for 2017-18, in between the Boys and Girls Basketball games on Friday, January 4.
All State Athletes for the 2018 calendar year honored were:
Winter 2017- 2018
• Jack Bond – Wrestling
• Lauren Tomaszewski – Bowling
• Jalen Hodge – Basketball
• Hayden Juenger – Baseball
• Quinn Lowery – Baseball
• Nate Martin – Baseball
• Sam Stutsman – Girls Soccer
• Bryce Backhus – Boys Volleyball
• Connor Sheehan – Boys Volleyball
• Dominic Macaluso – Boys Tennis
All State Teams honored for the 2018 calendar year were:
• Winter 2017-18 Boys Bowling
• Winter 2017-18 Girls Bowling
• Winter 2017-2018 Golden Girls
• Spring 2018 Boys Lacrosse
• Fall 2018 Boys Cross Country
The 2017-18 Athletes of the Year honored were Hayden Juenger for his achievements in baseball and bowling and Alyssa McMinn for her spectacular accomplishments in girls golf.
Among his numerous achievements, Juenger was the 2018 Baseball MVP and named the MVP of the All-State All-Star baseball Game, as well as being named to the 1st team all-conference in bowling.
McMinn, who holds the lowest tournament average, the lowest match average and lowest single round score in OTHS history, finished in fourth place at the IHSA state tournament earning her all-state honors by the IHSA. She was also named the Metro East Golf Coaches Association Player of the Year.