O’FALLON – O’Fallon Township High School will be holding its first ever Skilled Trades & Career Fair.
The fair will be held on Thursday, March 7, from 8 a.m. to noon in the South Gym located at the Smiley Campus. Over 20 programs will be in attendance to meet and discuss post high school opportunities with students. Students will have a chance to discuss career opportunities with individuals currently working in fields where jobs are in high demand.
The fair is geared towards students who are looking to pursue a trade or certificate program out of high school or those who show a talent and interest in technical programs. Senior and junior classes are signed up to attend the fair as part of their classroom instruction. Many of the CTE classes have also opted to attend. Students are also able to sign up for an individual pass in guidance. The fair is open to all OTHS students at the Smiley campus.
The fair is being organized by Christina Buehler, of the Special Education Department, and Tiffany Lugge, Guidance Department Chair. If you are aware of any programs interested in participating please contact Christina Buehler at 618-632-3507 extension 629.
• Programs Attending:
• Illinois Laborers & Contractors JATP
• Local 309 Electricians
• BSNSF Railway
• Paul Mitchell
• Universal Technical Institute
• Southern Illinois Builders Association
• Southern Illinois Carpenter’s Joint Apprenticeship Program
• Premier CDL School
• Ranken Technical Institute
• Illinois Department of Corrections
• Kaskaskia College Cosmetology and Nail Technician
• O’Fallon Emergency Medical Services
• Building and Construction Trades Council of STL
• Ameren Apprenticeship Program
• Department of Rehabilitation Services
• Southwestern Illinois College Programs in the following areas:
• Industrial Technology
• Aviation Mechanics
• Paralegal Studies
• Health Services
• Sign Language Studies
• Music Education