View of the Past: Advertising mural for Hires Root Beer

Contributed by Brian Keller, O’Fallon Historical Society

This week’s view is of an advertising mural for Hires Root Beer that was once visible on the side of the business at 129 E. State in O’Fallon.  The sign was originally painted sometime between 1946 and 1950 when the building was home to Willa Behrens’ grocery store called Willa’s.  At some point the mural was sided over, but it was uncovered during a renovation in 1993 when the photo was taken.  Over the years, many businesses came and went in the building which is now home to Three Sisters Crafts and Gifts.

Posted in News, O'Fallon, Vantage Point and tagged , .