View of the Past: Brice McGeehon in front of his shoe store in 1910

This week’s view is of Brice McGeehon standing on the doorstep of his shoe store that was located in a building, now long gone, at 119 W. First Street in O’Fallon. He purchased the business about 1904 from Frank M. Vogt.  Prior to that, he served as O’Fallon Postmaster during the administrations of Presidents Benjamin Harrison and William McKinley.   The photo was taken about 1910.  

Contributed by Brian Keller, O’Fallon Historical Society

For more, stop by the O’Fallon Historical Museum, located at 101 West State Street. The Museum is open Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. and by appointment.

Posted in Business, O'Fallon, Vantage Point and tagged , , .