This week’s view is of the Shamrock Tap Room in O’Fallon. The bar was in the old hotel building which once stood at the southwest corner of First and Lincoln. The photo was taken in early 1953 after the bar was sold (Feb. 2) by George Schmitt to Fay and Edna Battoe who also operated the hotel, known as the Shamrock Hotel at the time. The building was destroyed by fire soon after on May 23, 1953.
(Contributed by Brian Keller, O’Fallon Historical Society)
For more, stop by the O’Fallon Historical Museum, located at 101 West State Street. The Museum is open Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. and by appointment.