A View of the Past – March 16, 2016

Lincoln and State ca 1910

Lincoln and State ca 1910

This week’s view, ca. 1910, is of the intersection of Lincoln and State in O’Fallon, looking east down State St.  To the far left, on the east side of Lincoln, was the old Smiley Drug Store.  Next, on the west side of Lincoln, was the First National Bank, then Julius Schalter’s barber shop, the  O’Fallon post office, John Schneider’s jewelry store and, to the far right, George Britsch’s meat market with hitching posts for horses in front.
(Contributed by Brian Keller, O’Fallon Historical Society.)