A View of the Past

OFallon City Park New Years 1906

A snowy O’Fallon New Year’s greeting from 110 years ago in 1906.  The wintry view is of the old City Park which was located on the north side of East Washington on land now occupied by the fire department’s engine house 1 and the O’Fallon school district 90 offices.  City Park was O’Fallon’s main park until Community Park was developed in the years after 1924.
(Contributed by Brian Keller, O’Fallon Historical Society.)