This week we take another walk back into 1954 O’Fallon — on State Street, just east of Lincoln. The State Theatre, with the large sign overhanging the sidewalk, is now home to the Masonic Lodge. Ben Schmidt’s IGA Store is to the left of the theater. To the right is Chick’s Tavern. In the next block, crossing Vine Street, is Bill Morton’s photography studio, Vi’s Beauty Shop, the O’Fallon Township office and the O’Fallon (meat) Locker.
(Contributed by Brian Keller, O’Fallon Historical Society.)