A View of the Past – April 26, 2017

This week’s view is of the intersection of State and Lincoln in Downtown O’Fallon looking west in 1954.  The building on the corner was the First National Bank of O’Fallon, now the O’Fallon History Museum.  Note the flashing four-way stop light hanging above the intersection.  One end of the wire holding the light up was attached to a metal anchor that still exists above the clock on the old bank building.

(Contributed by Brian Keller, O’Fallon Historical Society)