This week’s view is of the interior of Ohlendorf & Thomas, a hardware and implement store run by Adolf Ohlendorf, Sr. and John A. Thomas located at 113 E. First Street in O’Fallon. Their store was the predecessor of Thomas Hardware at the same location, run by Walter W. Thomas (different family than John Thomas) who bought the building and inventory in 1926. The original building was destroyed by fire in 1928. The current building, now home to Shooter’s Bar and BBQ, replaced it. The photo was taken about 1915.
(Contributed by Brian Keller, O’Fallon Historical Society)
For more, stop by the O’Fallon Historical Museum, located at 101 West State Street. The Museum is open Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. and by appointment.