This week’s view is of the interior of the old St. Clare Catholic Church at the corner of West Third and South Oak in O’Fallon, ca. 1908. Constructed under the guidance of Father William Drube, work on the foundation began in March 1890. The church was dedicated on Oct. 23, 1895 and the tower completed in 1899. Total cost including the tower was $35,000. The building is now the chapel of St. Clare Catholic School.
(Contributed by Brian Keller, O’Fallon Historical Society.)
For more, stop by the O’Fallon Historical Museum, located at 101 West State Street. The Museum is open Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. and by appointment.