In days gone by, small community bands in this area were very common. This week’s view is of the Shiloh Concert Band which, as the date on their drum notes, hearkens back to 1913. Unfortunately, the names on the back of the photo are mostly illegible. But, perhaps, the band members will be familiar to some.
(Contributed by Brian Keller, O’Fallon Historical Society)
For more, stop by the O’Fallon Historical Museum, located at 101 West State Street. The Museum is open Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. and by appointment.