This week’s view is of a Grange picnic in late August 1908 held at Locust Grove, the farm of John Lienesch located just south of present day Green Mount Crossing in Shiloh. The picnic was organized by members of Oakland Grange, a rural fraternal organization, that generally met in Downtown O’Fallon. The event drew picnickers from miles around, lured by plenty of good food and an afternoon baseball game.
(Contributed by Brian Keller, O’Fallon Historical Society.)
For more, stop by the O’Fallon Historical Museum, located at 101 West State Street. The Museum is open Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. and by appointment.