This week’s view features coal miners near the entrance of Taylor mine, ca. 1910, located northwest of the present day Family Sports Park in O’Fallon. Taylor mine was opened in 1883 by Joseph Taylor and, over the years, produced 4.6 million tons of coal until it idled in January 1932, never to reopen.
(Contributed by Brian Keller, O’Fallon Historical Society.)
For more, stop by the O’Fallon Historical Museum, located at 101 West State Street. The Museum is open Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. and by appointment.