This week’s view is of students in the physics lab at O’Fallon Township High School during the 1921-22 school year. Back then, the entire high school was in a two-story building that once stood at the southwest corner of Fifth and Cherry. Erwin H. Runkwitz, standing in the back to the right, taught the high school science courses, including physics, as well as mathematics and Latin. He was later St. Clair County Superintendent of Schools from 1931-39. Standing next to him is OTHS Superintendent J. Emmett Hincliffe, Sr.
(Contributed by Brian Keller, O’Fallon Historical Society.)