This week’s view is of East State Street, looking east toward Vine, during a paralyzing ice storm that glazed O’Fallon from January 5th to 7th in 1913. In the foreground on the right is Andrew Molles’ wagon shop and on the left is the St. Clair Hotel and Bar. The hotel building was torn down in 1973 and is now the site of Mandy’s Bar at 108 E. State. (Contributed by Brian Keller, O’Fallon Historical Society.)
For more, stop by the O’Fallon Historical Museum, located at 101 West State Street. The Museum is open Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. and by appointment.