This week’s view is of the Titter Filling Station on Route 50 in O’Fallon, ca. 1926. Raymond “Cal” Titter is standing nonchalantly in front. The gas station was located where Gator’s Frozen Custard is today, between the highway and West Fifth Street at the south end of Hickory.
(Contributed by Brian Keller, O’Fallon Historical Society.)
For more, stop by the O’Fallon Historical Museum, located at 101 West State Street. The Museum is open Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. and by appointment.