This week’s view is of the bar inside Caro’s Place, also known as the Rendezvous, at 112 W. State in O’Fallon. The business was operated by Caro Vercellotti from 1933 until his retirement in the fall of 1942. The tavern at that location was later run by Ralph Thomas. This photo was taken in April 1942 and the men holding beer mugs were identified as (left to right) Jack Harris, Lloyd Wiemann, John Beery and Joseph Boyce.
(Contributed by Brian Keller, O’Fallon Historical Society)
For more, stop by the O’Fallon Historical Museum, located at 101 West State Street. The Museum is open Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. and by appointment.