A View of the Past – July 5, 2017

This week’s view is looking north up North Vine from State Street in O’Fallon, ca. 1910.  On the left is Henry Beckmann’s Bar, now The Depot Bar & Grill.  On the right is Schafer’s Meat Market which today is just a parking lot.  Back then, North Vine was called Bond Street after Joshua S. Bond who subdivided the area surrounding it in 1863.

(Contributed by Brian Keller, O’Fallon Historical Society.)

For more, stop by the O’Fallon Historical Museum, located at 101 West State Street. The Museum is open Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. and by appointment.