A View of the Past – July 6, 2016

4th and Lincoln 1947 RESIZED

This week’s view is looking north toward downtown O’Fallon from the middle of Lincoln Avenue at Fourth Street.  The building on the left, still standing today, is 307-309 S. Lincoln.  The photo was taken sometime before mid-1947.

(Contributed by Brian Keller, O’Fallon Historical Society)

For more, stop by the O’Fallon Historical Museum, located at 101 West State Street. The Museum is open Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. and by appointment.