This week’s view, from 1908, is of the old Shiloh Public School which stood where the current Shiloh Elementary School is today, off of Diamond Court, near the water tower. It was built in the late 1800’s to replace an earlier one-room school house erected in 1850. Originally four rooms, an addition was later added on the right. The school was replaced in 1956 by a more “modern” building.
(Contributed by Brian Keller, O’Fallon Historical Society)
For more, stop by the O’Fallon Historical Museum, located at 101 West State Street. The Museum is open Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. and by appointment.