This week’s view is of the interior of the Thomas Electric & Gift Shop at 109 E. First Street, O’Fallon, in October 1941. The shop, owned by George M. Thomas, carried a variety of electrical appliances and fixtures plus, as can be seen in the photo, Roseville pottery and paint. Also in the photo is his clerk, Mildred C. Berens. Thomas operated the store at that location from 1930 until he sold it in 1969.
(Contributed by Brian Keller, O’Fallon Historical Society)