This week’s view is of the “South End Band” assembled for their appearance in the annual O’Fallon Homecoming Children’s Parade, probably in August 1926. The children’s parade originated at the second Homecoming in 1923 and proved very popular. The Rotary Club’s annual Children’s Halloween Parade is the direct descendant of those early parades.
(Contributed by Brian Keller, O’Fallon Historical Society)
For more, stop by the O’Fallon Historical Museum, located at 101 West State Street. The Museum is open Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. and by appointment.