This week’s view is of the old Evangelical Church parsonage, taken ca. 1900, which once stood on the grounds of what is now the O’Fallon United Church of Christ at Cherry and Adams Streets. Standing in front in the street is Rev. Herman U. Rahn with his wife, Emma, and children (l to r) Herman, Emma, Thekla, Laura and Erwin. Rev. Rahn served the congregation from 1892 to 1901. To the right of the parsonage is the German schoolhouse with the steeple of the church in the background. The O’Fallon UCC is celebrating the 140th anniversary of its founding on Oct. 29, 1876.
(Contributed by Brian Keller, O’Fallon Historical Society)