This week’s view is of a covered wagon that was used to help promote the O’Fallon Centennial celebration in 1954. In sheer size and scope, it was arguably the biggest party O’Fallon had every thrown, before or since. And it’s still remembered fondly by those who were there.
(Contributed by Brian Keller, O’Fallon Historical Society)
For more, stop by the O’Fallon Historical Museum, located at 101 West State Street. The Museum is open Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, from 1 p.m. until 4 p.m. and by appointment.