This week’s view is of the O’Fallon City Council and other city officials in 1954 gathered in the meeting room on the first floor of old City Hall at 200 N. Lincoln. Back then, city offices plus the police and fire departments were all in the same building. Clockwise around the table beginning front, left are: Aldermen Charles Miller, Charles Heitman, G.G. Budina; City Clerk Edwin H. Hesse; City Attorney P.K. Johnson, Sr.; Mayor Henry M. Hesse; City Treasurer J. Emmett Hinchcliffe, Sr.; Aldermen Edward R. Hemmer, John Fuchs and Arnold Dickinson. The beards and mustaches scattered throughout were in honor of O’Fallon’s Centennial that year.
(Contributed by Brian Keller, O’Fallon Historical Society.)