A visual tour of O’Fallon’s Old City Hall

The Old City Hall (O'Fallon)

The tower located at the front of the building used to contain a large bell that would be rung when the fire department was needed. That bell is now at the new fire department on Taylor Road. (O’Fallon Weekly Photo by Nick Miller)

As we reported last issue, it was announced at the May 16 O’Fallon City Council meeting that local developer Brad McMillin will be purchasing the Old City Hall building, located at 200 North Lincoln. Following the meeting, many city officials commented about the level of disrepair the building is in.

City Engineering Manager Dan Bowman was kind enough to give the O’Fallon Weekly a brief tour of the Old City Hall to document its current state before McMillin begins his renovations.

The Old City Hall was built in 1890 and was designated a historic landmark on November 20, 2000.