How long has O’Fallon seen the Percentage of growth that it now has?
The city has had a history of population growth during the past 50+ years, as you can see below:
YEARS Percent of Population Growth
1960 – 1970 about 80%
1970 – 1980 about 67%
1980 – 1990 about 32%
1990 – 2000 about 36%
2000 – 2010 about 29%
2010 – 2016 about 11%
What has been the Major Factors in the population growth of O’Fallon?
Below is a list of the Major Factors:
- Reputation for Good schools
- Reputation of Good Quality of Life
- The expansion of the city boundaries to the west
- The development of I-64 in the 70’s on the west side
- The Growth of Scott Air Force Base
- The Strong recommendation from the major auto manufactures for dealers to move their Dealerships to Interstate Highways, helped promote commercial growth.
Have other cities in our area seen large Percentages of population Growth?
Yes , Shiloh has also had some tremendous growth in the last 35 years. They have grown by over 1,000 percent since 1980.
Candidate for Mayor of O’Fallon