The O’Fallon-Shiloh Chamber of Commerce conducted a ribbon cutting during the ceremony.
The grand re-opening of this O’Fallon restaurant is part of McDonald’s goal of modernizing all 14,000 of its U.S. restaurants by the end of 2020 for a total $6 billion investment. In Illinois alone, 410 restaurants are being remodeled which is a $317 million economic development investment.
Owner/operators are transforming their restaurants to create a better customer experience. With this significant construction investment, the transformed restaurants will feature:
• Modernized dining rooms with globally and locally inspired décor, new furniture and refreshed exterior designs
• Enhanced customer experience with digital self-order kiosks that make ordering and paying for a meal easier. Kiosks empower guests to browse the menu, find options and tailor their meal just the way they want
• Remodeled counters allow for new table service that offers guests the opportunity to relax while their food is being made
• Bright and easy to read digital menu boards inside and at the drive-thru
• New designated parking spots for curbside pick-up through mobile order and pay
• Expanded McCafé counters and larger display cases
In addition to the investments to modernize the restaurant, McDonald’s has also introduced McDelivery with Uber Eats at more than 5,000 U.S. restaurants. The O’Fallon restaurant will start McDelivery on November 6.