O’FALLON – Following executive session, the O’Fallon City Council approved a resolution authorizing Mayor Gary Graham to enter into negotiations with one of two parties that submitted a proposal to purchase and rehab Old City Hall.
The name of the prospective purchaser and the purchase price are still confidential information.
According to City Administrator Walter Denton, there were two proposals considered and, following the council’s vote, the Mayor will begin negotiations on a contract with one of the two interested parties. At this point there is no timeline in place as to when the sale may take place.
In other business…
• The Council approved the return of the Happy Day Tropical Sno at 600 Southview Plaza and 6000 Old Collinsville Road from April through October 2016.
• The Council approved an annexation agreement with Michael and Laurie Phillips for approximately 1.297 acres, located at 10537 Rieder Road in Lebanon.
• The Council also approved the following resolutions:
A resolution authorizing the mayor to enter into an intergovernmental agreement with the Village of Shiloh to provide radio communication and computer aided dispatch for the law enforcement asset of the Village of Shiloh Police Department.
A resolution authorizing the mayor to enter into an intergovernmental agreement with District 203 that allows the city to establish a School Resource Officer Program as a joint cooperative effort for both the school’s Smiley Street Campus and Milburn School Road Campus.
A resolution authorizing the mayor to execute a contract with Information Technologies Inc. to deliver CAD, RMS, JMS, and Mobile services.
• Resident Charlie Pitts spoke during the public comment section to remind the council of the public meeting on March 22 about the proposed sales tax increase to help school districts pay for construction costs.
• During the Clerk’s report, the Council approved the following raffle requests:
A request from the Rotary Clubs in O’Fallon to conduct a raffle from April 7 through October 29 for a Chevrolet LTZ truck and other prizes
A request from the Dania Shrine Club to conduct a raffle from April 1-30 for a wheelbarrow of alcohol, electronic devices, and various donated items
A request from the O’Fallon Moose Lodge to conduct a raffle from March 22 through April 30 for packages of meat
A request from Four Hearts Foundation to conduct a Split the Pot raffle on April 2
A request from the Women of the Moose 2281 to conduct a raffle on April 10 for a St. Louis Blues blanket
A request from the St. Clair County Extension and Educational Foundation to conduct a raffle for gardening supplies from May 1 through June 4.
• The next meeting of the O’Fallon City Council will be Monday, April 4, at 7 p.m.