Tyler J. Cain
25 years of age
1700 block of W. Highway 50
With 16 felony counts related to sexual misconduct with a child. Cain is charged with:
- 5-Counts Predatory Sexual Assault-Victim less than 13-Class X
- 5-Counts Aggravated Criminal Sexual Abuse-Victim less than 13-Class 2
- 1-Count Indecent Solicitation of a Child to Commit Predatory Sexual Assault-Class 1
- 1-Count Indecent Solicitation of a Child to Commit Aggravated Sexual Assault-Class 3
- 2-Counts of Grooming (Attempting to lure, solicit, entice, a child to commit any sex offense-Class 4
The charges stem from a joint investigation by the Fairview Heights and O’Fallon Police Departments.
On Wednesday, May 2, 2018, Officers learned that Tyler Cain, had been engaging in sexual conduct with a Fairview Heights’ teen girl and attempting to solicit another Fairview Height’s teen into a sexual relationship. During the initial stages of the investigation, Detectives learned that crimes occurred in both Fairview Heights and O’Fallon.
Detectives later discovered Cain, who was known by the victims, coerced one of the girls into having sexual relations with him on several occasions at his residence in O’Fallon. Cain also attempted to engage in sexual conduct with the second victim but was denied. Cain also made attempts through social media and text messages to solicit the victim. Both victims in this case are between 12-14 years of age.
Cain is currently being held on $1.5 million bond and will be transferred to the St. Clair County Jail.
Due to the age of the victims, no further information can be released at this time. Although the investigation continues, no other victims have been identified.
*All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.