O’FALLON – O’Fallon Township High School held its first ever Skilled Trades and Career Fair, showcasing over 20 programs with post- high school opportunities for students.
The fair was held on Thursday, March 7, from 8 a.m. to noon in the South Gym located at the Smiley Campus.
Students discussed career opportunities available to them with individuals currently working in fields with high job demand.
The fair was geared toward junior and senior students who are looking to pursue a trade, certificate or technical program out of high school.
The fair was organized by Christina Buehler of the Special Education Department and Tiffany Lugge, Guidance Department Chair.
Programs that were represented at the fair are as followed:
• Illinois Laborers & Contractors JATP
• Local 309 Electricians
• BSNSF Railway
• Paul Mitchell
• Universal Technical Institute
• Southern Illinois Builders Association
• Southern Illinois Carpenter’s Joint Apprenticeship Program
• Premier CDL School
• Ranken Technical Institute
• Illinois Department of Corrections
• Kaskaskia College Cosmetology and Nail Technician
• O’Fallon Emergency Medical Services
• Building and Construction Trades Council of STL
• Ameren Apprenticeship Program
• Department of Rehabilitation Services
Southwestern Illinois College Programs in the following areas:
- Industrial Technology
- Aviation Mechanics
- Paralegal Studies
- Health Services
- Sign Language Studies
- Music Education
O’Fallon Weekly Photos By: Annabelle Knef