Online Shopping can bring boxes to your doorstep all month long. These packages can also attract unwanted attention from thieves. The department has released some tips for keeping your packages safe and out of the hands of thieves.
- Customize delivery times for arrival when you know you’re going to be home.
- Have packages delivered to a trusted family member or friend’s address instead of your own.
- Consider your workplace for package delivery.
- Ask the delivery company to hold your packages for pick up at its facility.
- Tell a neighbor you trust about an expected delivery and ask them to watch for it.
- Some delivery services will also have the ability to alert you via e-mail or text message when a package is delivered. You also can request that the carrier get your signature.
Remember if you see something suspicious, call the police at (618) 624-4545 immediately and report it.