In May of this year, O’Fallon conducted the National Citizen Survey through the National Research Center. This is now the fifth time we have conducted the survey since 2005 to gauge the opinions of our residents on a wide array of services.
In order to discover and report differences in opinions based on where survey respondents live in O’Fallon, the Research Center separated the results into five “sub-areas.”
The five sub-areas recorded by the Research Center were:
- Area 1: Southwest O’Fallon, bordered to the north and east by Interstate 64.
- Area 2: Northwest O’Fallon, bordered to the south by Interstate 64 and State Street and to the east by Lincoln Avenue.
- Area 3: Central O’Fallon, bordered to the south and west by Interstate 64, to the north by State Street, and to the east by Lincoln Avenue.
- Area 4: Northeast O’Fallon, bordered to the south by State Street, and to the west by Lincoln Avenue.
- Area 5: Southeast O’Fallon, bordered generally to the south by Interstate 64, to the north by State Street, and to the west by Lincoln Avenue.
What did we learn by these results? Answer: It doesn’t matter where you live, or which part of O’Fallon you are in, this community is pretty great!
The positive results for the overall quality of life in O’Fallon were a consensus across the City. Overall, the quality of life in O’Fallon received a 91% positive rating. The results from each sub-area show that the results did not differ much from area-to-area: Area 1: 91%; Area 2: 90%; Area 3: 89%; Area 4: 91%; Area 5: 94%.
The results were similar in many other ratings of community characteristics:
O’Fallon as a place to live: Overall: 95%; Area 1: 94%; Area 2: 95%; Area 3: 95%; Area 4: 95%; Area 5: 97%.
O’Fallon as a place to raise children: Overall: 96%; Area 1: 94%; Area 2: 98%; Area 3: 94%; Area 4: 96%; Area 5: 95%.
Recommend living in O’Fallon to someone who asks: Overall: 94%; Area 1: 95%; Area 2: 94%; Area 3: 93%; Area 4: 95%; Area 5: 95%.
The results show high ratings in regard to O’Fallon being a “livable community.” The phrase “livable community” is used here to evoke a place that is not simply habitable, but that is desirable. It is not only where people do live, but where they want to live.
As we can tell from the results, the location within O’Fallon does not matter, the entire O’Fallon community is great and people want to live here.
Great communities are partnerships of the government, private sector, community-based organizations, and residents, all geographically connected. It does not matter your profession, your background, or your political stance, we are all proud residents of O’Fallon!
These positive results are no accident. They are the results of determination, leadership and shared vision by O’Fallon’s elected officials and the entire O’Fallon community. This community is already the best around, and the future is very bright!