This week’s view, from the late 1800’s, is of Andrew Molles’ wagon shop that once stood on the south side of East State Street, between Vine and Lincoln in O’Fallon. A native of Switzerland, Molles came to the United States with his parents in 1848 when he was 8 years old. He settled in O’Fallon in 1868 and worked as a wagon maker there until his retirement in 1923. The building to the far right in the photo is still standing at the southeast corner of State and Lincoln.
Contributed by Brian Keller, O’Fallon Historical Society