View of the Past: Depot Street in 1910

This week features a delightful view along South Lincoln Avenue in O’Fallon, dating back to 1910 when it was known as Depot Street. Note the brick sidewalk and, in the lower right hand corner, a hitching post for horses. Strolling down the shady walk are a few children, one with a dark umbrella. 

Contributed by Brian Keller, O’Fallon Historical Society