This week’s view is of the intersection of State and Vine Streets in O’Fallon, looking east, in 1910. On the left is the old Schafer meat market which had been in business since 1858, just four years after O’Fallon was founded. On the right is the stable of George McCommons. He ran a teaming business and sold building material and feed. A tavern also operated in the west part of the building. That corner is now more familiar as the home of Bike Surgeon.
(Contributed by Brian Keller, O’Fallon Historical Society.)