A View of the Past – April 6, 2016

View of the Past

Opera House 1910’s

This week’s view is of the 200 block of East State Street, looking west, as it appeared in the early 1910’s. The building on the far right was Joseph Taylor’s Opera House, built in 1908 and now home to various businesses (including the O’Fallon Weekly). To the left of the Opera House was Bernett Joseph’s hardware store, built in 1911, and beyond that was Schafer’s meat market, now a parking lot.
(Contributed by Brian Keller, O’Fallon Historical Society)